- African Dream
- Belle De L 'Adriatique
- Captain Bota
- Europa II
- Hanseatic Inspiration
- Harmony G
- Harmony V
- Hebridean Sky
- Island Sky
- Jaz Royale
- La Pinta
- Le Boreal
- Le Champlain
- Le Lyrial
- Le Ponant
- Le Soleal
- Mama Marija
- MV La Belle Des Oc√©ans
- Ocean Endeavour
- Panorama II
- Princess Aloha
- Royal Clipper
- S.S. Legacy
- Safari Endeavour
- Safari Explorer
- Safari Quest
- Safari Voyager
- San Spirito
- Sea Cloud
- Sea Cloud II
- Sea Cloud Spirit
- Sea Swallow
- Star Clipper
- Star Flyer
- Variety Voyager
- Wilderness Adventurer
- Wilderness Discover
- Wilderness Explorer
Tucano - TUCDepartures
Cruising the Heart of the Amazon
The Tucano experience is comfortable, intimate, efficient, and fun. Everything about the vessel from design to operations is about our expeditionary mission. The vessel is not a luxury vessel but a the luxury cocoon is not the best way to experience the Amazon. It is important to be comfortable, but it is crucial on a cruise to venture outside of aquarium bubble that defines luxury cruising. Travelers can only truly experience the Amazon if they dive in and embrace to the fullest the exotic sights and sounds of this the greatest wilderness on earth. The M/Y Tucano is specifically designed to do just that.
1) Ideal Spaces to Observe the Forest
- A Spacious Design: Even though we keep our group size small in number, the M/Y Tucano is a substantial vessel.
- ‚ÄčA Generous Salon: The salon of the M/Y Tucano is positioned at the forward part of the vessel and is surrounded by a windows and a broad balcony.
- ‚ÄčLarge Observation Deck: The top deck is open and has a large sun canopy -- a wonderful place to spot wildlife or soak in the vastness of the Amazon.
- ‚ÄčForward Mid-Deck Balcony: The middle deck has a wide balcony around the entire front of the vessel.
2) Comfortable and Private Staterooms
- Comfortable Staterooms: All of the 9 staterooms are outside staterooms with lots of windows. They are not palatial, but large enough to get a good night's sleep after a full day of exploration.
- ‚ÄčPrivate Bathrooms: Each stateroom on Tucano has a private bath with a shower, toilet, and a sink. Another aspect of the vessel that we think is really unique is that each shower as two shower heads! This is part of our solar sustainability design.
- ‚ÄčWindows to See the Forest: There are 76 large windows on the M/Y Tucano and most of them open and close. There are screens so that travelers can enjoy the blossoms of the rainforest.
- ‚ÄčAir-Conditioning: All the staterooms and the salon are air-conditioned, each with its own thermostat and individual controls.
3) And Last but not Least, a Bit of Elegance
- Yacht Design and Style: The M/Y Tucano is a very well appointed yacht. The spaces and furnishings were designed in the style of the luxury steamers of the 19th Century, but with the modern comforts of an elegant hotel.
- ‚ÄčDining On Tucano: Our cooks create delicious meals based on Amazonian cuisine using all locally sourced fruits, fishes, and flavors unique to the Amazon. We do our very best to ensure that everyone has enjoyable meals on the Motor Yacht Tucano.
A Spacious Design
Even though we keep our group size small in number, the M/Y Tucano is a substantial vessel.
Large Observation Deck
The top deck is open and has a large sun canopy -- a wonderful place to spot wildlife or soak in the vastness of the Amazon.
All of the 9 staterooms are outside staterooms with lots of windows. They are not palatial, but large enough to get a good night's sleep after a full day of exploration.
Yacht Design And Style
The M/Y Tucano is a very well appointed yacht. The spaces and furnishings were designed in the style of the luxury steamers of the 19th Century, but with the modern comforts of an elegant hotel.
Dining On Tucano
Our cooks create delicious meals based on Amazonian cuisine using all locally sourced fruits, fishes, and flavors unique to the Amazon.
Green Category - Double Stateroom - Green Category
There Are Two Staterooms In The Green Category. These Are Numbered 2 And 7 And They Have Above And Below Berths.
Yellow Category - Double Staterooms - Yellow Category
The Five Double Staterooms In The Yellow Category Are The Largest On The Vessel. They Have Beds Side By Side With A Small Night Table In Between. They Are Numbered 3, 4, 5, 6, And 0. The Yellow Category Beds Can Be Converted Into Queen Sized Beds.
Blue Cabin - Single Stateroom - Blue Category
These Staterooms Are For Single Travelers. They Are Numbers 1 And 8 And Have A Single Twin Bed. On Request, These Can Be Converted To Green Staterooms.
The Observation Deck runs the length of the entire upper deck on the M/Y Tucano. Guests can go forward and watch the crew navigate the vessel, sit comfortably under the canopy and scan the canopy for monkeys and birds, or simply swing in a hammock in lazy comfort.
From this deck the immensity of the Amazon becomes clear. From horizon to horizon we see forest and rivers, and almost completely undeveloped. We can appreciate how the all of world once was, a vast wilderness whose only sounds are the wind, the calls of animals, and the lapping of waves on remote uninhabited shores. It is a magnificent view and experience, and we are treated to it every day during the trip.
The Mid-deck balcony has connecting doors to the Salon. It is a wonderful place to relax with a good book, sip a glass of wine, a soft drink or a beer, or simply to marvel at the splendor of the last great wilderness on Earth.
Two staterooms on this deck have single beds separated by a nightstand. By inserting a third narrow bed in the middle, these staterooms can also accommodate three persons.
All of the staterooms have private showers and sinks. There is a full galley and a swim deck at the stern. We get in and out of our launches to the side of the boat through two entries designed for this purpose.